Our School Mission
The American International School of Mozambique is a partnership of engaged students, dedicated parents, and a highly qualified staff. Together, we create a learning environment that inspires students to cultivate their unique talents and perspectives, and that prepares them to contribute in purposeful ways to the world that they will inherit and shape. Our students enjoy a stimulating and balanced educational program that is rooted in the principles of excellence, ethics and engagement.
AISM will be recognized as a leading international school in Africa by 2015 by:
- Enriching educational programs
- Providing organized sports and activities programs
- Connecting with Mozambique
- Planning for growth and expansion
Values define who we are as individuals and as communities. Three core values are woven into the fabric of our school’s way of life and serve as touchstones for our mission to achieve educational excellence.
Our core values are:
These values define the culture of our school and explain to students, their families, staff, and the community the norms that will guide our actions and behaviour. We believe these values are the seeds that bear fruit for good learning, good habits and character development.
At AISM, Excellence is:
- Taking personal initiative to learn, be informed, and gain knowledge, skills and understanding;
- Envisioning the future with confidence, enthusiasm, and perseverance and committing to shape the future as an agent of positive change;
- Preparing to be culturally literate citizens of the world;
- Achieving a balance in physical, emotional and social development;
- Setting and achieving ambitious goals.
At AISM, Ethical Living is:
- Embracing the values of respect, honesty and integrity in our interactions with others and the world around us;
- Respecting the uniqueness of individuals and their varied backgrounds, perspectives and abilities;
- Acting with sensitivity and a sense of fairness;
- Taking responsibility for our actions, accepting the consequences of our decisions and learning from experience;
- Setting a good example and inspiring others;
At AISM, Engaged Learning is:
- Thinking critically and making connections among information and ideas;
- Asking valuable questions, using a variety of techniques to find answers and probing for clarification;
- Collaborating and sharing in an environment that supports and encourages risk taking;
- Developing divergent thinking through understanding diverse perspectives;
- Demonstrating passion and enthusiasm for continuous learning.